Mental Health Careers at Nina Lauren Psychotherapy in NYC
If you’re a qualified LP-MHC therapist in New York considering a private boutique-style practice, we might be the perfect match!
Share Our Passion for Creating a Safe and Healing Space Where People Feel Heard
At Nina Lauren Psychotherapy, we’re dedicated to serving telehealth clients throughout New York City, reaching across the entire state. Location doesn’t limit our ability to provide quality care!
We aim to provide our clients with an integrative, creative, and effective therapy that nurtures and inspires healing, fundamental change, and forward-thinking. We help our clients see themselves and the world around them in a new light through a hopeful view.
Positions We’re Looking For
Limited Permit Mental Health Counselor
You’ll be a good fit for our growing practice if you:
- Enjoy working as a virtual, telehealthcare provider.
- Feel having good client/therapist chemistry essential to providing results-oriented care to results-oriented clients.
- Have a relatable, approachable personality.
- Aren’t afraid to blend professionalism with a little humor, wit, and irony.
- Are passionate about helping people see beyond their ‘here and now’ struggles by painting a hopeful view of the future.
- Value transparency, empathy, understanding the whys behind the whats, and meeting people where they’re at.
- Prefer an integrated approach while providing interactive support to your clients.
- Enjoy working with high-functioning individuals from high-pressure industries.
This role is:
- Full-time (24 sessions per week)
- Fully remote
We need you to:
- Provide exceptional mental health therapy to a diverse client base.
- Deliver an integrative approach to counseling.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need adequate knowledge of the following:
- Trauma-informed and evidence-based interventions (e.g., CBT, DBT, ACT).
You’ll also need:
- A stable and reliable internet connection.
- The capacity and ability to work independently.
- A high degree of flexibility regarding your scheduling with clients.
- Willingness to learn the clinical courses and materials we use here at NLP.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Provide mental health counseling to diverse populations.
- Perform diagnostic evaluations.
- Complete official session notes, goals, and treatment plans as required and promptly.
- Utilize and analyze diagnostic tools as appropriate.
- Optimally serve clients’ needs regarding general counseling, providing resources, referrals, and provide general guidance for any emergency.
- Attend and participate in weekly supervision and on-call guidance from your supervisor as needed/required.
You’ll need the following skills and qualifications:
- LP-MHC in the state of New York.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with various theoretical approaches.
Think You’re a Good Fit?
We Want to Hear From You!
"*" indicates required fields